Links

Friday, January 8, 2010

14 Hour days....

...are for the birds.

Its year end close where I work, and being part of the tax department, we have lots of responsibilities related to close.  It just kind of sucks because we are at the mercy of everybody else in terms of when we can start our work so we have to wait until everybody is is done before we do.

Made for a long day yesterday!  Today shouldn't be as bad and then its the weekend!  I haven't been this ready for a weekend in a long time!  I have an idea for a project I want to try this weekend.  We have a laundry room that is right off the kitchen and the door to the house from the garage.  There is room in there for us to hang up some coat hooks which would be nice to have so we are not always throwing coats on the dining room table.  Now I just need to head out this weekend and find some cute/functional hooks.

Another home project I want to do in the near future is putting up some kind of backsplash in our kitchen.  I found this blog yesterday during my lunch break and love what they did in their kitchen with the backsplash/spice storage.   I am always bitching about not being able to find the spices I want in the cabinet, so this kind of setup would be perfect.  Now I just have to figure out what kind of backsplash would look good and then talk Josh into doing it :)





 I also need to start prepping for the Corporate Finance class I am going to be teaching in March.  Just got the book yesterday so its time to start studying.  Sad that I still have to study even though I am the teacher.  Oh well, never stop learning, I guess :)

TGIF!

No comments: