Links

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Peppermint Hot Cocoa Mix

We are doing a Secret Santa exchange at work... of course, I picked a guy's name who I know almost nothing about.  Awesome.  Anyway, we had a Thanksgiving carry-in a few weeks ago and I made these Oreo Cupcakes.  They were awesome, but thats another story.  Anyway, he went out of his way to compliment me on them, so I decided to take a chance that he would like another yummy chocolate creation.  This was inspired by my favorite holiday drink, the Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks.  LOVE.  Anyway, I hit the Internet in search of a good hot cocoa mix recipe.  I found this one and then adapted it a bit for the peppermint.  I sampled a cup of it before packaging it for the gift and it was excellent!

Peppermint Hot Cocoa Mix
(source:  Adapted from Disney Family Fun Recipes

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
  • 1 package of candy canes
  • Mini Marshmallows
  • 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup powdered nondairy creamer
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt







Whisk all ingredients except candy canes until well blended.  Use food processor to crush the candy canes.  Layer the hot cocoa mix, crushed candy cane, and marshmallows in a festive clear container.  Add a label with the following instructions:  "Spoon 3 or 4 generous tablespoons of cocoa mix into your cup (depending on the size), add boiling water, and stir well."




1 comment:

City Life to Ranching Wife said...

what a great gift! looks like it was fun to make as well!