Links

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Think Thin Thursdays

My good friend Bridgette started this challenge on her blog, the Not So Blog. Always up for a good diet/exercise challenge (I need motiviaion, like really bad) I jumped at the chance to participate.

So, here goes. My overall goal is weight loss, which is something I have been working on for oh say... my whole life. In fact Bridgette and I first met in an online forum about 8 or 9 years ago on ediets. Our group has managed to stick together! With the wedding coming up, I would really like to tone up and lose some of the extra weight I have been carrying around. I think it makes me feel older and is contributing to the aches and pains I have been experiencing.

My goal for this week is to work out today after work and Thursday after work (which I have already tried to talk myself out of twice today and its only 6:54 AM... maybe writing it down will help.) I leave Friday morning for PR and am not sure how much working out would get accomplished down there, so I figure the least I can do is attempt to get a few good work outs in before I go. Further, my goal is to not go apeshit in Puerto Rico. For some reason, travelling has always ended up being like some kind of food orgy for me. I don't know why- maybe my mind thinks that if I don't consume the calories at home they don't count?!? I dunno... but nonetheless, that is my goal.

We are supposed to post a goal every week and then weigh in and blog about our experiences. I will do so tomorrow and then will try to remember to do the same when I get home from PR next thursday, although it might be Friday morning since my flight gets in really late.

No comments: