Links

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Haley's Room

We have been working a bit on Haley's room.  The plan is to re-use the nursery furniture we got for Nicholas since he is using his toddler bed now and should be ready for a big boy bed by the time she is here.  We got him a new dresser from Ikea and moved his dresser (with the changing table) to her room.  We got a new King size bed so he will get our old Queen size bed and then the toddler bed will be converted back to a crib and moved to her room.  Quite the game of musical beds we are playing in this house!

For her decor, I wanted to do something similar to what I did for Nick- Girly but not to babyish and not any character themes.  Found this set from Target and it fit the bill.  Ironically its the same manufacturer as the set we got for Nicholas which we were really happy with.  Also, I was happy that they had this available as a Toddler bed set- comes with the comforter (which we won't use till she is in the toddler bed,) fitted sheet, flat sheet, and pillow case.   No bumpers, diaper stacker, or crib skirt.  My Mom and I are going to use the flat sheet to make a crib skirt and we wouldn't have used the bumpers or diaper stacker anyway, so we were able to save like $60 by just getting the Toddler set over the full crib set.

photo (5)

We are planning to paint the room light purple.... pictures of that to come soon.  We are actually going to paint Nick's room while my parents are here for Thanksgiving and then her room when they are here for Christmas.

Copied an idea I saw on Pinterest to make letters for her room that spell out her name.  I got the letters for $2.99 each at Michael's and then used scrapbook paper and modge podge to decorate them.  Will probably look for a white floating shelf to have these sit on eventually   I was pretty happy with how they turned out.
photo (4)

Thats it for now.  More updates to come!

1 comment:

WinterBenson said...

Very cute! Love the colour scheme!