Links

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Catching Up!

I got kind of sick of blogging for awhile, so I have missed the last seven weeks of baby updates.  Sorry about that.  Well, lots of development/growth have been happening in terms of the baby.  It is now week 16 and the baby is the size of an avocado! Hard to think that Monkey started out the size of a poppyseed and is now this big.  Can't believe (or am choosing not to think about the fact that it will be as big as a pumpkin when fully baked )
I have been feeling really good.  We had a few little problems with spotting around week 9 and then what the doctor thinks was a kidney stone at week 10.  The best part of those two things were that we got to see the baby!

Week 9 ultrasound:
Baby wasn't looking like much of a baby in these pics.  I think this was still at the point where it was kind of shrimp like LOL.... however, it is AMAZING what a difference 1 week can make in fetal development....









Week 10 Ultrasound:


Hard to believe the last pics were taken almost 7 weeks ago!  Since then we have gotten to hear the heartbeat twice but have not seen the baby again.  My next appointment is the 14th of May and we will have an ultrasound that day.  My Mom is going to be in town so she will be here for that and will be with us when we learn if it is a boy or girl!  

We have been making lots of baby purchases and starting to look into baby room purchase ideas.  We found a crib set at that we like and are basically just waiting until we find out the sex to order- still trying to decide between black vs. white furniture.  After we find out what sex the baby is we will probably go ahead and get registered.  Sounds like I am going to be having 3 baby showers so can't wait for that either!

In other news, my class is finishing up this week.  I put the final touches on their final exam which they will get to do as a take home next week.  I will also be going on Tuesday to watch their final presentation for their group project.  I have learned a lot from this experience and look forward to doing it again.  They haven't offered me any additional classes yet so I am looking into possibly doing some online classes in the meantime.

Thats about it for now.  Seriously going to try to be a better blogger and keep up with the weekly updates!  

No comments: