I'll start the wedding recap with Wednesday, June 24. This is the first day that I was off work and the day that my Mom came into town so it was really the beginning of the wedding festivities. Josh and I went to pick her up at the airport around noon. Then we went to Buffalo Wild Wings for some yummy lunch. We had many wedding related errands to run, including going to pick up the silk flowers that had been specially made for my wedding.
I really wish that we had taken some pictures of the hideous flowers that we picked up that day. I can't even begin to describe how disappointed in them we all were. Despite that, we did take them with us and head back home that day. I was so bummed! Thank goodness I had ordered some bulk Gerbera Daisy's from Sam's club... I had planned to use them for the centerpieces and decorating around the hall, but suddenly we knew that we had to use them to also make flowers for me, the bridesmaids, and the bout's for the guys, and figure out something to decorate the ceremony space with. We were scared!
We stopped at Meijer and purchased some cheap flowers to practice on. We made a pretty pathetic looking bouquet that night, but it still looked better than the crap that the vendor had given me. Again, I wish we had taken some pics, but oh well.
That evening, my mom gave me a very special present... an open heart necklace- you know, the one that Jane Seymour sells. I really love the meaning behind it- "If your heart is open, love will always find its way in" I have worn it every day since. I love it :)
The next day we got up and got ready for our day of pampering... Unfortunately, due to the flower fiasco, we also were a bit stressed about what we were going to do for the flowers. Our first stop was the Woodhouse Day Spa. We had amazing pedicures there. I had a gift card that I had gotten from some friends for last years birthday that I hadn't used yet, so we decided to try it out. I will definitely be back! Next we went to meet Josh for lunch at the Flat Top Grill. Everybody loves Flat Top! We had about 90 minutes to kill before our manicure appointment, so we decided to take off and try to find a florist that I had heard good things about. On the way there, the decorator for the catering company called and pretty much saved the day with respect to the decorations for the ceremony room. She had some great ideas about how to make the space look beautiful... sadly I had to cough up about $300 for this, but in the end it was worth it.
We arrived at Lopshire Flowers and were greeted by a very friendly clerk named Robin! She agreed to make a bouquet for me for a very reasonable price which made us feel sooooo much better. At least my bouquet would be looking fantastic!
Next we headed over to In Touch H20 for our manicures. The manicures were nice... but given all of the work we had to do over the next few days we really should have waited to get them. By the next night (after the rehearsal dinner) my nails looked like crap and I en deed up having to re-polish them myself.
The whole time we were running around town on Thursday, my brother and his wife Julie were trying to get to Fort Wayne. They had decided to fly because it is quite a drive from where they are from (about 450 miles) and when they planned the trip they had an older vehicle that they didn't really trust to make the trip. Well, there was some iffy weather in the area that day and to make a long story short, they ended up spending the night in Detroit. At the airport. In their wheelchairs. It was not a pleasant experience for them, to say the least.
We spent most of the night just relaxing, having a few cocktails, and waiting up for Jason and Julie. They didn't have a cell phone with them so it was a bit tricky trying to figure out if they were going to get here that night or not. We ended up driving down to the hotel at 1 AM to check them in to their room because the front desk clerk told my mom that if they didn't show up by 3 am, their room would be given away since the hotel was sold out. We didn't want them to lose their wheelchair accessable room, so we went to check them in, then came home and crashed.
More to come...
No comments:
Post a Comment