Links

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Eddies Sweeties

So... I did some baking tonight. We are having a carry-in (pot luck, whatever you wanna call it) for our Holiday party at work tomorrow. We were supposed to have a big, fancy lunch... but um... budget cuts and all, so now we are doing a carry-in and a white elephant gift exchange. Anyway, I decided to pull out an oldie, but a goodie for my contribution to tomorrow's festivities.


Eddies Sweeties

1 Box German Chocolate Cake Mix
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 stick of butter, melted
1 bag of caramels (I got the unwrapped baking kind this time.... SUCH a time saver!)
1 bag (6 or 8 oz) of chocolate chips

Mix the cake mix, butter, and 1/3 cup of the evaporated milk until crumbly. Put 1/2 of the mixture into a buttered cake pan. Bake for 10 minutes at 350.

Melt in a saucepan the remaining 1/3 cup of evaporated milk and the caramels until smooth.

When cake mixture is finished baking, sprinkle the chocolate chips over the hot cake. Pour the caramel mixture over top of the chocolate chips. Finally, drop little chunks of the remaining cake mixture over the top and bake for another 15 to 18 minutes. Do not overbake.

Yumminess.

The last time I made this and brought it to work (a different job) I had like 5 people ask for the recipe. Lets see what happens tomorrow!

2 comments:

Brandi_B said...

This is Damon's mom's caramel bar recipe! They're still Damon's all-time favorite, so I've made them several times. He'll seriously eat half a pan in one sitting because he loves them so much.

Robin said...

LOL! I got it from a girl at work like 6 jobs ago. I pull it out from time to time and its always a hit :)