So... cooking around our house is a bit of a challenge. Josh is not only extremely picky, but also has restrictions on what he can eat due to his Crohn's disease. Sometimes finding recipes that work for both of us is tricky, but I think this one is a winner- the leftovers only lasted 1 day and he said this one is a "keeper" I found this recipe on Heather Drive, which is a blog I stumbled on while doing some wedding planning. I've actually tried a few of Heather's recipes now and have been impressed with both of them :) I did have to modify a bit from her version of this though.... I don't have words to describe how much I hate cooked brocolli, so that obviously had to go. Thanks for the great recipe Heather!
Spicy Garlic & Lime Chicken Pasta
Ingredients:
- 2 cups chicken broth-
3 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tbsp. corn starch- (didn't have any so I used flower)
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper- (I didn't have any so I used Franks cayenne pepper sauce)
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder- (didn't have any so I left it out. Added an extra clove of garlic just in case it wasn't garlicy enough LOL)
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. dried parsley
- Approximately 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
- 2 tbsp. butter or margarine
- Drizzle of olive oil
- A box of pasta (approx. 1 lb.--we use the Barilla Plus or Barilla Whole Wheat, and it usually comes in slightly smaller amounts, like 14.5 oz.)
- Parmesan cheese for topping
Directions:
1. Boil a pot of water and cook pasta according to your package directions. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, mix together all of the sauce ingredients (chicken broth through parsley). Set aside.
3. Heat butter and olive oil in large skillet (we use a big stir fry pan) over medium heat. Add chicken pieces into the heated pan. Cook chicken until no longer pink. Pour sauce mixture into pan over the chicken and bring to a simmer. Let simmer until chicken has cooked through and sauce has thickened.
4. Add pasta into pan and toss to evenly coat with the sauce. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.
I should add that while I was shreding parm. cheese for this recpie, I turned around and saw Mason with a piece of raw chicken hanging out of his mouth. Little stinker. I really wish I had a picture of it, b/c it was cute as hell, even though he was being naughty!
No comments:
Post a Comment